Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Waldron - Corinth Mississippi - Awesome!!

After sitting through another spectacular software demonstration by Jeff Driver and Benny Musso, we sought dining advice for lunch. I had to demonstrate the Public Safety software in the afternoon, so I was intent on avoiding afternoon fatigue by eating something on the lighter side. The Court clerk recommended this place, probably because it was owned and operated by her sister-in-law. Whatever her motivations...... this place turned out to be the best dining of the week, maybe even the quarter!


The food and atmosphere was nothing short of exceptional. Very pleasant surrounding along with the sweetest waitresses and delicious food made this a lunch to remember. If only I had not been fearful of being sleepy for the afternoon demos, I would have ordered something more substantial than salad, but it was great.

The spinach artichoke dip was some of the best I've ever had. I don't like blue cheese (Benny really does) but there was definitely a lot of it in this dip. Benny happily pointed that fact out. What made it even more special was the home made potato chips that came with it. They were the best too!

I ordered a salad that had prime rib strips and citrus vinaigrette. It was amazing! Benny ordered the Waldron Salad (with that hideous blue cheese of course) and he loved it. Jeff ordered.... umm, I'm not sure. Chicken strips I think and he liked his too.

The most amazing thing I ate this day though was the broccoli cornbread. Unbelievable! I can't even describe it. It was moist, not too sweet and the best manifestation of southern staple I've ever put in my mouth!

If you ever find yourself near Corinth, MS you gotta check this place out. Happy dining!

511 Waldron Street, Corinth, MS 38834, 662-284-0710

http://www.discoverourtown.com/MS/local-186331.html

Map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=511%20E%20Waldron%20St&city=Corinth&state=MS&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=48&homesubmit.y=6

No comments: