Thursday, April 23, 2009

Minerva's - Yankton, South Dakota

Well, let me first introduce Brad King, who was instrumental in bringing me out to SD for the Combined Chief of Police/Sheriff's conference in Yankton. We stayed at the Best Western there where Minerva's was attached to the Conference Center.

I must say that I was not expecting to find such a place in Yankton, SD but I'm so glad I did. Brad was telling me how good their food was in the other locations so I thought this would be great and that assumption was correct.

A quick side-note regarding beer: I ordered a 312 Wheat on tap. I love wheat beers and this one was great. I'd never tried it and now I will be looking for this one again.

Brad recommended the crab cheese bake as an appetizer. This stuff was awesome! Obviously made with lots of FRESH crab.

I ordered the grilled porkchops with asparagus and a loaded baked potato. Brad ordered the manicotti with chicken. My pork chop was huge and cooked and seasoned perfectly. This meal was most awesome! This restaurant is first rate and I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments: